1) Do the tutorial mission!
2) Do the first three career-path mission sets! They will be easy and will give you the same items over and over! You can sell the extras?
2a) At the end they will recommend you someone to visit next! That’s good, because there are seventy billion star systems in this game, and ones that are level-appropriate are right next to ones that are for ninjas piloting the Death Star!
3) Do the advanced military career-path mission set! All the battles will be easy, and on the second-to-last one you will get an awesome new spaceship!
4) The last battle will be really hard and your awesome new spaceship will be destroyed.
5) Maybe you can beat the last tutorial mission if you train some new abilities?
5a) (Abilities are trained in real-time. It will take at least another twenty-four hours for your character to learn the relevant ones.)
6) In the meantime, you can go visit the person the other tutorial agents mentioned in 2a!
6a) Wait, the game did not save that person’s name to your address book, and it’s not like you wrote it down.
6b) it’s not in the wiki either wtf
7) Set your character to spend the night training “Complain On Blog” to level 4.
(Crossposted to SarahPin.com, Dreamwidth, and LiveJournal. You can leave comments at whichever.)