- Tag: Kazuya Minekura's blog - Kazuya Minekura, the artist of the amazing Gensoumaden Saiyuki, was diagnosed with some pretty serious health issues a while back. She's been writing some very funny, angry, honest blog entries about her situation.
I've translated a number of these posts, but have fallen ridiculously behind; I encourage anyone else who'd like to pick up where I left off to do so.
- Post: The Very Small Problem - In the fall of 2010, I was diagnosed with a small tumor in my right frontal lobe. I was able to have it successfully removed in March of 2011, before it could cause any permanent brain damage. If it weren't for the existence of state high risk pools, a provision of 2010's Affordable Care Act - which some lawmakers are presently trying to repeal - it's very likely that I still wouldn't even know the tumor was there.
This post was written specifically to make American Republicans feel like jerks. I use my power for good, people.
- Tag: manga tropes - The Encyclopedia of Manga Tropes. Girl Power Corrupts may well be how you found this blog!
- Tag: a: kubo tite - In which I roundly scold Kubo Tite, artist of Bleach! Bleach vs Women and Bleach and power fantasies may well be how you found this blog! (Both of those posts contain spoilers up to chapter 395.)
- Post: TODAY I AM A DARKOVER BOOK may well be how you found this blog!
- Post: Anne Bishop does not CARE what you think and Heir to the Shadows may well etc.
- Tag: manga - I just talk about manga a lot in general.
- Tag: books - I also talk about sci-fi, fantasy, and paranormal romance novels a lot!
- Tag: i teach english - In 2009, I spent seven months teaching English to Japanese kids in Shibata, Japan. Wacky antics ensued!
- Tag: i study japanese - And in 2007-2008, I spent a year studying Japanese at the Yamasa Institute in Okazaki, Japan. Wacky antics ensued!