- Tag: Kazuya Minekura's blog - Kazuya Minekura, the artist of the amazing Gensoumaden Saiyuki, was diagnosed with some pretty serious health issues a while back. She's been writing some very funny, angry, honest blog entries about her situation.
I've translated a number of these posts, but have fallen ridiculously behind; I encourage anyone else who'd like to pick up where I left off to do so.
- Post: The Very Small Problem - In the fall of 2010, I was diagnosed with a small tumor in my right frontal lobe. I was able to have it successfully removed in March of 2011, before it could cause any permanent brain damage. If it weren't for the existence of state high risk pools, a provision of 2010's Affordable Care Act - which some lawmakers are presently trying to repeal - it's very likely that I still wouldn't even know the tumor was there.
This post was written specifically to make American Republicans feel like jerks. I use my power for good, people.
- Tag: manga tropes - The Encyclopedia of Manga Tropes. Girl Power Corrupts may well be how you found this blog!
- Tag: a: kubo tite - In which I roundly scold Kubo Tite, artist of Bleach! Bleach vs Women and Bleach and power fantasies may well be how you found this blog! (Both of those posts contain spoilers up to chapter 395.)
- Post: TODAY I AM A DARKOVER BOOK may well be how you found this blog!
- Post: Anne Bishop does not CARE what you think and Heir to the Shadows may well etc.
- Tag: manga - I just talk about manga a lot in general.
- Tag: books - I also talk about sci-fi, fantasy, and paranormal romance novels a lot!
- Tag: i teach english - In 2009, I spent seven months teaching English to Japanese kids in Shibata, Japan. Wacky antics ensued!
- Tag: i study japanese - And in 2007-2008, I spent a year studying Japanese at the Yamasa Institute in Okazaki, Japan. Wacky antics ensued!
"Okay. Black tea, chamomile, lavender, vanilla, or other?
Also, is there a beige argyle sweatervest over there somewhere? I have lost my beige argyle sweatervest and it's interfering with my ability to be a huge asshole effectively."
ERB, HAML, and SLIM are not acceptable for my purposes - basically every page needs to be safely and relatively-unchallengingly end-user-customizable.
my cat every time he realizes I'm under the blankets in bed: *pats and experimentally scratches around the blankets for at least five minutes to make sure he knows exactly where every part of my body can be found*
my cat at dawn every single morning: *tries to claw his way under my bedroom door*
my cat when I accidentally shut him in an empty room: *peaceful and silent acceptance of his situation for the entirety of the >2 hours it takes for me to notice that he's missing*
The reason I am investigating the Korean skin-care fandom is that I accidentally duplicated a part of "The Process" a while back, and found that it seemed to help.
What I did a couple mornings in a row while very groggy:
( Cut for boring. )
I was thinking when I woke up a little while ago "this is totally unreasonable why did I do this," but,
* I drove five hours yesterday, which is more driving than I've done since March, I think.
* The day before that, because Mom's been feeling bad and was out of town for the day, I decided to sterilize and scrub every single dish in her kitchen (because Dad puts dirty stuff in the cabinets and she shouldn't need to wash a dish every time she eats) + also the sink and counters + everything else I could reach that seemed to need washed + also clean the living room.
* I have also recently scrubbed down and cleaned out the kitchen and bathroom over *here,* assembled a chair and a "fantasy humidifier," and coded so much I'm dreaming about parameter mismatch error messages.
* And also I am doing IT shit requiring that I communicate verbally with people and leave the house? And most of those people are not nerds and don't understand why it is bad that to click on banner ads that say they have a virus.
* Have not commonly been sleeping through the night.
Is this a real post. What does it sound like when they get mugged by Patrick Wolf during the second chorus. I don’t understand what that means. I want to understand.
(#help me #(it's probably not a real post) #(why must my subconscious do this to me) #(i want to hear the song where patrick wolf mugs someone)
#disruptive new mustard mining technologies, #are behind this unexpected revolution in mustard mining, #while mustard has long been known to occur in karst terrain, #the risks associated with reaching it, #(territorial dwarves, #balrogs, #mimigas, #and Flowey the Flower), #had heretofore rendered it a dangerous and unprofitable
The News is that who the fuck knows what Ruby best practices for constants are. Those are basically fake.
But yeah, it caught fire and I yelled "holy fuck" and scared the cat and slammed the switch back off and called my mom.
(I'm thinking about tags and whether screen readers try and ignore them and whether that harms the Authentic Tumblr Experience for non-sighted people - because some of the tags are tags, but some are instead marginalia. Or, in tanb...... slime man terminology, "marg targs."
I'm aware that that particular thing's not the first priority! It's just, for optimization purposes, I was thinking I might try to ruin the subversive thrill that comes from misusing tags by classifying some tags as marg targs and thus not trying to index by them, which led to thoughts about whether the marg targs should/could be marked up differently somehow so as to be caught by screen-readers.)
I failed to Save The Day for the clients I visited on Monday - in fact, I failed to save even The Hour or The Minute or Nanosecond, because it turned out that they need some other work done before I can even get started - so this makes me feel better.
Edit 1: Hour one of the interrogation was all feigned innocence. Flailing after my hair, pretending enmity and fear for the chipmunks - the usual tired old schtick. God, Bu, don’t you know that I see through you now.
Edit 2: Hour 3. He’s starting to crack, now. Can’t even look me in the eye. Barely pretending interest in batting playfully at the camera strap.
Edit 3: Hour 5.
"And if it were true - what would that change, really? Between us? What changes today, @snarp?"
God help me, I don’t know.