- Tag: Kazuya Minekura's blog - Kazuya Minekura, the artist of the amazing Gensoumaden Saiyuki, was diagnosed with some pretty serious health issues a while back. She's been writing some very funny, angry, honest blog entries about her situation.
I've translated a number of these posts, but have fallen ridiculously behind; I encourage anyone else who'd like to pick up where I left off to do so.
- Post: The Very Small Problem - In the fall of 2010, I was diagnosed with a small tumor in my right frontal lobe. I was able to have it successfully removed in March of 2011, before it could cause any permanent brain damage. If it weren't for the existence of state high risk pools, a provision of 2010's Affordable Care Act - which some lawmakers are presently trying to repeal - it's very likely that I still wouldn't even know the tumor was there.
This post was written specifically to make American Republicans feel like jerks. I use my power for good, people.
- Tag: manga tropes - The Encyclopedia of Manga Tropes. Girl Power Corrupts may well be how you found this blog!
- Tag: a: kubo tite - In which I roundly scold Kubo Tite, artist of Bleach! Bleach vs Women and Bleach and power fantasies may well be how you found this blog! (Both of those posts contain spoilers up to chapter 395.)
- Post: TODAY I AM A DARKOVER BOOK may well be how you found this blog!
- Post: Anne Bishop does not CARE what you think and Heir to the Shadows may well etc.
- Tag: manga - I just talk about manga a lot in general.
- Tag: books - I also talk about sci-fi, fantasy, and paranormal romance novels a lot!
- Tag: i teach english - In 2009, I spent seven months teaching English to Japanese kids in Shibata, Japan. Wacky antics ensued!
- Tag: i study japanese - And in 2007-2008, I spent a year studying Japanese at the Yamasa Institute in Okazaki, Japan. Wacky antics ensued!
Seriously, there are a couple of details that, for me and at least a couple other people I've seen mention it, make the True Ending a lot less okay. I am upset enough by it that I'm actually thinking about writing fix-it fic, which is not my usual thing.
So, maybe avoid.
Pearl vacillates wildly between helping/Porlsplaining and acting like the equivalent of an Antivax Mom - it's the Power Of Love and she doesn't trust you with her Steven's body and etc. Garnet passive-aggressively cheeses off Team Science by telling them the results of experiments before the experiments are actually performed, but after they've worn themselves out painstakingly setting them up. She's willing to waste their time, but not Steven and Connie's.
Amethyst is mostly just disappointed that this particular region of Modern Medicine never involves Steven eliminating into a jar.
He scratched my hand pretty bad last night, is probably what it is. (He didn't like the noise I was making on the keyboard while engaging with Mettaton, and he attempted to put a stop to it.)
Edit: I sent Temmie to college... By altering my save file so I had a lot of money.
She answers every question anyone ever asks of her until "When It Rains" - but no one but Steven has ever answered a question for her.
(He has answered all of them. At least one question answered, every single conversation.)
The only exception to the rule:
PERIDOT: don't you gems have anything better to do than annoy me???
Peridot has also never actually asked a non-rhetorical question of anyone but Steven - with, again, one purple exception:
AMETHYST: is it like a big hunk of granola
PERIDOT: what's granola???
Steven really is much more useful than those clods.
#why did this happen #this sort of shit is why i just accept homestuck's bullshit honestly #series starts out with high-fantasy story about girl becoming a bard #a few books later: COBOL #fine! #fucking fine #i was conditioned at a young age to accept that no serial narrative was ever going to maintain thematic/tonal consistency for >15pun
wait was that shit in… The White Dragon? Something with the found spacecraft had the White Dragon’s dragon in it. The only other part I remember is that in The White Dragon there’s a line about plowed fields & sun on some choice buttock (I was 11)
It was in All The Weyrs Of Pern, I think? I can’t remember which book, the later ones are a mess and all blend together and McCaffrey cannot remember a single fucking thing from the earlier books.
But yes, Ruth goes to the spaceship, but the most important thing in there is the AI named AIVAS who teaches Menolly and the other kids how to code for some reason.
There was no sane explanation for this, just, the magic fucking AI wants Menolly to learn fucking COBOL. Filthy liberal arts institution that is Harper Hall has failed her.
#gotta prepare menolly for the modern job market